A child’s ability to form healthy relationships is the foundation for future success in both school and life. Through early intervention, the social emotional wellness of children who are facing delays and challenges can be supported so they can be curious, eager learners.
LRCF utilizes income from the Martha Lake Community Club gift to support efforts to enhance early childhood learning in the Edmonds School District. At present, the Foundation has adopted six elementary schools with over 500 students and families and forty teachers with a grant of $20,000.
Outcomes sought by the grant include:
- Assist parents, families and caregivers in preparing children for success in school.
- Increase access to high quality training and support for parents and caregivers.
- Increase access to quality play and learning opportunities for children who did not attend preschool.
- Provide a Jump Start Program at six of neediest elementary schools.
- Expand training opportunities for pre-K and kindergarten teachers to promote curriculum alignment and instructional quality to close the achievement gap for high-risk students.